Sunday, November 28, 2010

1st photoshoot with my new lens!

Alright, well, I think have a few things to learn about this lens.  Like, how do I get all 3 kids in focus?  I know that this isn't a very good shot as far as the girls aren't even looking at the camera, but I was just trying to get the exposure and focus bla bla right.  And the only one looking at the camera, is out of focus!
f/2.2
1/320 
iso200
(all photos except last are the same)
They're still lacking that crisp clear sharp look...I don't get how you get that. 

Again, here I focused on one of Alyssa's eyes so of course Kylie is out of focus...what should I focus on when shooting multiple subjects?

f/2.2
1/400
iso200

3 comments:

  1. I'd say when you're shooting outside to bump up your aperture some. You don't need quite that low of an aperture when you have plenty of light, and it will allow more depth to be in focus. With it super low, the depth of field in focus is really small, so anyone in front of or behind that will be out of focus.

    I have a hard time getting that sharp look too. Photoshop can help some with that, but Rachelle if you have any good suggestions on getting sharper images from the start I'd appreciate them too. I think part of it could be that we are using the cheaper 50mm lens with no USM/image stabilization, but I don't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Lisa I splurged and got the 1.4. It does not say it's an IS lens though. It says ultrasonic. I don't know what that means.

    ReplyDelete