Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Exposure - Spit Bubbles

Okay, so, I was looking through my pictures again and found these that I took of Alyssa this morning before she left for school.  First I took this one, not really even realizing what my settings were at....
f/5
1/160
iso 800
109 mm
Then, I realized that the iso was really high, so I lowered it and also sped up the shutter speed a little...totally experimenting here.  This was picture number 2:

f/5
1/200
iso400
109 mm

I think they were probably both at the wrong settings, but I like the look of the first one better...the second one looks a little gray to me or something.  It probably should have been iso 200 (well, I don't know, it was like 8:00 in the morning and the sun was rising on the other side of the house) and maybe a shutterspeed of more around the 300's?  I really don't know.  Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, on the second one, you probably wouldn't have wanted to drop the ss any slower, because of the long focal length, and you couldn't open the aperture any wider, so even though iso 200 would be ideal, that would have made your picture a little underexposed. So, I think the settings look good. The best choice for brightening this one a little would be to make your iso a little higher to let in a little more light.

    On the first one, your camera looks like it handles iso 800 pretty darn good.

    By the way, I think you are focusing correctly, I just realized it's probably just because your lens isn't as sharp :) You are going to LOVE your new lens!

    ReplyDelete