Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ISO


f/5.6
1/100
iso1600
250mm

Is 1600 crazy?  When do you use 1600?  I tried it cause I wanted it to be/thought it needed a little more light, but is it overexposed now?  I can't really tell.  It does look a little light, but I don't know.  Is there something else I could have done to let more light in?  I'm guessing I wouldn't want to go any slower on the shutter speed.  Should I have opened the aperature more?  But then I wouldn't have gotten as blurry of a background, right? 

2 comments:

  1. Looooove this one. The blurry background is beautiful, and Alyssa look so cute. You are so lucky you live in Caliornia where there area actually plants. I can already tell you're going to be good at this -- keep motivated. Don't worry about bugging me. It does not look overexposed, maybe a tiny tiny bit. Actually, it's the oppose -- the more bigger your aperture, the more blur/less depth of field you will get. Remember, if you poor paint into a bucket is splatter (like a blurry background looks), and if you poor it through a funnel (like a small aperture) it keeps everything smooth, no splattering or blurring. Notice the different coloring of her skin, between the other pictures -- that is the difference in white balance. Don't worry about that now. Just keep your camera on auto white balance. But getting correct white balance is one of the most difficult things about photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you use 1600 as a last resort. I NEVER use 1600 for a professional shoot, but do use it in my own house with my own kids sometimes. Once you get your other lens, which opens up a lot bigger and lets in more light you won't have to use 1600 iso very much. You were right to keep you ss at that, but you should've lowered your f stop and then your iso.

    ReplyDelete